Types Of UK Immigration Visa Application In 2022 / 2023 - THE MIGRATION HQ - Scholarships, Visa Guides, Jobs and Education


Types Of UK Immigration Visa Application In 2022 / 2023

Which UK Visa Is Right For You? - The Common UK Visa Types Open To Immigrants In 2021

It is correct to assume that a big country like the United Kingdom will have many visa types, and also various immigration programs. In this blog post, we will discuss the common types of UK immigration visa applications in 2021/ 2022. We will also look into the UK Tier Visa category and the 5 types.

If you are someone that's not familiar with how Immigration and Visa related professions work, it would be important to note that no one can just apply for any Visa he/she deemed fit. There must be a reason.

In fact, it is the purpose of a Visa application that will determine which Visa the immigrant will apply for. For instance, an international student that has been offered unconditional admission into an institution in the UK will have to apply for a study permit, which is also known as a student visa.

Below are the common types of UK immigration visa applications in 2021/ 2022:

  1. UK Tourist Visa.
  2. UK Student Visa.
  3. UK Work Visa.
  4. UK Family Visa.
  5. UK Tier Visa.
  • Tier 1.
  • Tier 2.
  • Tier 3.
  • Tier 4.
  • Tier 5.

UK Tourist Visa

The United Kingdom is a beautiful and also developed country. It's also one of the leading tourism destinations in the world.

For some people, one-week tourism to the UK is a lifetime achievement, and also something that signifies the upgrade of status. Any foreign national must apply for and obtain a tourist visa before travelling to the UK for tourism.

However, there are still some situations that don't require any Visa application. Instead, you will need to tender some important documents and information before you are allowed entry to the United Kingdom.

UK Student Visa

The United Kingdom is popular when it comes to education. This is due to the high-quality education being made available by the educational institutions within the country. The government also set up a high standard for teachers and applying students. In fact, education in the UK is ranked as one of the top 10 in the world.

An international student will need to apply for a student visa before he/she can be allowed to study in the UK. The student visa can be applied for under the Tier 4 (General) visa category.

The applicant must be at least 18 years old, and he/she must be willing to school in an institution higher than National Qualification Level 3. It may be a university or one of the other tertiary Institutions.

Just in - UK Offers Thousands Of Visas To Foreign Truckers To Ease Driver Shortage. Learn more and apply here.

UK Work Visa

The United Kingdom is one of the best places to work and earn. Work experience acquired in this country is recognized all over the world.

You can apply for and obtain a work permit under any of the immigration programs below.

  • Apply as a High-Value Migrant through the Tier 1 Visa.
  • Apply as a Skilled Worker through the Tier 2 Visa.
  • Apply as a Temporary Worker through the Tier 5 Visa.
  • You can apply for a work permit and select a Specialty Profession.
  • Apply as a Commonwealth Citizen with British Ancestry. 

Once you settle down in the United Kingdom, you can apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), although it also has its own requirements. 

UK Family Visa

Just like most countries, the United Kingdom allows citizens and residents to sponsor other relatives who are not yet citizens of the country.

People who want to visit their family in the UK (for longer periods) will have to apply for a Family Visa. The person to be visited must be a citizen of the UK, be a permanent resident, must have been granted asylum or have a Humanitarian Protection status.

You can apply for a UK family Visa through the following pathways.

  • If you are a child or partner of a migrant under the points-based system, you can apply for a UK visa through the VAF10 application form. 
  • If you are a child or partner of a migrant that have sought asylum in the UK, you can apply through the FLR(P) application form.
  • If you are a husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a British national or a settled migrant, you can apply through the VAF4A application form. However, this would be temporary, unless you apply for another SET(M) application form, with which you can settle down in the UK.

Recommended - How To Immigrate To UK Without Job Offer - UK Citizenship By Investment.

UK Tier Visa

Every visa and immigration program has a Tier. The UK Tier Visa system is a points-based visa system where immigrants must have a minimum score before they can be granted Visa.

This is done through an assessment test. This test considers many factors, although it varies based on the Tier of the Visa you are applying for. For instance, the student Visa is a Tier 4 visa, the work Visa is a Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa, the investor visa is a Tier 1 Visa.

The age, nationality, academic qualifications, career and work experience, English proficiency and many other things determine the score of an applicant. If you obtain a Visa under a Tier category, it will make you eligible for an ILR in the future. From there, you can apply for UK citizenship.

The different types of UK Visa Tiers are listed below.

  • Tier 1 is for High-Value Migrants. This includes the Investor Visa, Entrepreneur Visa, Exceptional Talent Visa, Graduate Entrepreneur and General Visa.
  • Tier 2 is for Skilled Workers. This includes sportspersons, religious employees, Intra-Company transferred employees, etc.
  • Tier 3 is for Unskilled Workers. This is suspended at the moment, as it's previously used to recruit foreign workers whenever there is a shortage of workers.
  • Tier 4 is for Adult Students. It's basically for international students that want to study in a tertiary institution in the UK.
  • Tier 5 is for Temporary Workers. It includes immigrants under Creative and Sporting, Youth Mobility Scheme, Government Authorised Exchange, International Agreement, Charity and also religious workers.